How We Are Paid
At the outset, we arrange a preliminary meeting for the purpose of establishing whether we are able to assist with your needs and objectives. At this meeting we also discuss how we will be paid for our services should we be instructed to proceed further. We will cover the cost of this preliminary meeting and there is no obligation on either side.
After this initial consultation, we will decide together with you whether we are paid by means of a fee payable by you, by means of provider facilitated payment, or a combination of the two.
We will agree at outset the basis of our remuneration, and this will be provided to you in writing following our preliminary meeting. You can rest assured in the knowledge that no charges for fees will be made without your prior explicit notification.
- For mortgages, we charge a fee of up to 0.5% of the loan amount payable at the outset. For a loan amount of £100,000 this would equate to £500.
- We may also be paid commission from the lender.
- Or you could choose a fee only option where you will pay a fee of up to 1% of the loan amount, and we will pass on any commission paid by the lender to you.
- Commission is still payable by insurance companies to Financial Advisers, for successful placement of insurance business. The commission is included within the provider’s normal product charges, so there is no fee for you to pay as a client.
- For pensions and investments we are paid by fee only. Payment for our services will be on the basis of an agreed Advice Charge.
- We will discuss your payment options with you and answer any questions you have to enable us to select the options most appropriate for you.
- We will not charge you until we have agreed with you how we will be paid. A description of the options for making payment and for calculating initial advice and ongoing service charges is set our initial disclosure document.
Our initial Disclosure Document will be provided to you prior to business being transacted so that the relationship between us is clearly stated and understood. This will normally take place at the first meeting. Click here to download our Initial Disclosure Document now.