We’ve given you a hefty amount of information so far in this email series and so we thought you might like a useful timeline below to guide you through the process. Enjoy!
Go to the Pensions regulator Website by clicking here and check your staging date:
9-12 months before your staging date
• Read the Pension Regulators Guides to fully understand your responsibilities as an organisation
• Create your project team across Payroll, Finance, HR and I.T.
• Provide 2 points of contact to the Pensions Regulator
• Speak to your pension provider where you have an existing arrangement.
• Speak to an Independent Financial Adviser to full uncover your scheme options
6-9 months before your staging date
• Review your internal software – does it need to change?
• Choose an Auto Enrolment Scheme
• Begin initial high level communication with workers to advise them of the upcoming changes
3-6 months before your staging date
• Complete a worker assessment and format your worker data
• Build automatic enrolment costs into your financial model
• Decide on a level of contributions you want to make
• Plan how it will be managed (internally / externally)
0-3 months before your staging date
• Implement new software and train relevant staff
• Review worker data for categorisation and measurement of qualifying earnings
• Communication in depth with staff
Staging date onward (see the next blog in our sequence for more details)
• Enrol staff
• Manage opt-outs
• Complete a declaration of compliance
• Monitor ages and earnings
• Maintain records
If you have not spoken to an independent financial adviser yet, call Credius today to arrange an appointment on 020 7562 5858. Or for more information click here to visit our website or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Next Time: The series finale – Your ongoing responsibilities